Monday 7 September 2015

Flintoff family of Hutton Rudby & Nova Scotia

Joan McDougall has just commented on the About this Blog page, but I thought I'd also post her comment here, in case it's missed.  Her family, the Flintoffs, were among those who emigrated to Nova Scotia in the 18th century:
I am researching my family history, descended from Jane Flintoff who lived in this interesting village, but left (probably) with her brother Christopher or sisters Mary or Sarah around 1772-1774 to move to Nova Scotia on Canada's east coast. I think her father's name was also Christopher and in Nova Scotia, she married William Humphrey (another Yorkshire emigrant, thought to be from Northallerton). They had 5 children and interestingly the name Flintoff remained in the Humphrey family for 4 generations! 
I am coming to visit the area in mid Oct and would love to speak with a local historian who may be able to fill in some blanks. My email is jonseymcd@gmail.com look forward to seeing Hutton Rudby and meeting my past...
So if anybody has any information about the Flintoffs in the 18th century, please contact Joan!  

No comments:

Post a Comment