Newcastle Guardian & Tyne Mercury, 18 February 1860
HUTTON RUDBY SPINNING MILL
This neat establishment, once the property of Messrs Blackett and Mease, and which stood so long idle, seems, in the hands of Mr George Wilson, likely to enjoy a good share of prosperity. Gas has been attached to the premises, and eight sail cloth steam power-looms have been put into operation, besides a number of hand-looms that are dependant [sic] upon the establishment for employment. The mill has been regularly at work during the past year, and there is every prospect of its future being still more successful. It has been a great blessing to many poor families in Hutton and has found employment for a large number of hands in the locality.