Friday 27 June 2014

Probate of Ralph Day, weaver of Great Ayton: 1704



 Probate of Ralph Day 1704
Ralph Day was a weaver who lived on the High Street in Great Ayton:

In the name of God Amen
I Ralph Day of Great Ayton in the County of York weaver being weak of body but of sound and perfect disposing mind and memory (praise to the Lord for the same) considering the uncertainty of this Life
Do now whilst I may make this my last Will & Testament this tenth day of May in the year of our Lord One thousand Seven hundred & four revoking & annulling all former & other Will & Wills by me at any time or times heretofore made and this only to be my last Will
Imprimis I bequeath my soul into the hands of Almighty God that gave it me and my body to the earth from whence it came to be decently interred at his discretion costs & charges of my Executrix or Executor whether it shall happen to be hereinafter named and as to the worldly estate it hath pleased God of his goodness to endow me with I dispose as followeth
Item I do hereby give devise & bequeath All that my Messuage Cottage dwellinghouse and Garth with the appurtenances and premises thereunto belonging unto my loving Mother Jane Day for & during the time & terme of her natural Life
and from & after the death & decease of my said Mother I do hereby give devise & bequeath the same house garth & premises unto my Trusty & well beloved friend Nicholas Lowson in the parish of Great Ayton aforsd & his Heirs for ever
All which said dwelling house garth & premises is & are situate standing & being within the town of Great Ayton aforesd abutting upon the house of Christopher Kerton on the east the house & orchards of Ralph Jackson on the West & North and on the Town street of Great Ayton aforesd on the South reserving the East end of the same house wherein Elizabeth Jollye widow now dwelleth unto the said Elizabeth Jollye for her naturall Life only
and for all the rest of my Estate real & personal not before disposed of I do hereby give devise & bequeath unto my said loving Mother if she overlive me but if she happen not to be alive at my decease
Then I give devise and bequeath the same unto my said trusty and well beloved friend Nicholas Lowson his Heirs Executors & Admors [Administrators] and do hereby constitute appoint name & make my said dear loving Mother sole Executrix of this my last Will if she is alive at my decease and if then dead I do hereby constitute appoint name and make my said trusty and well beloved friend Nicholas Lowson Sole Executor of this my last Will
and all this I do to him for & in consideration & in recompense as far as I am able for many favours & kindnesses which I have received from him
In witness whereof I the said Ralph Day have hereunto set my hand & seal the day & year as within written
Ralph Day his mark
Signed sealed published & declared in the presence of us 
Christopher Peirson Anne Seart Christo Peart

Copy Will of Ralph Day

I'm saving myself the headache and I'm leaving anybody who is interested to read the probate clause for themselves!
Probate of Ralph Day



No comments:

Post a Comment