The First World War Memorial for the village of Nunthorpe, south of Middlesbrough, stands near the Stokesley road.
It was unveiled on Saturday, 27 August 1921 by Sir Hugh Bell, Bart., C.B., the Lord Lieutenant of the North Riding.
The pencil notes in the right hand corner were made by Mr T.D.H. Stubbs, who had served as a Major during the War and lived with his family in Nunthorpe. He was Company Secretary of Dorman, Long & Co and a friend of Sir Arthur Dorman.
He has sketched the positions to be taken by those participating. Guides and Scouts were to stand on the left. 'Buglers' is written beside the small square.
Prayers were led by the Archdeacon of Cleveland, and Sir Arthur Dorman and Mr Burton spoke. Another prayer followed the Unveiling by Sir Hugh Bell - and a prayer was inserted into the order at this point, according to the pencil note. Buglers of the 4th Yorkshire Regiment played the Last Post.
The hymns were 'O God, our help in ages past' and 'Onward, Christian Soldiers'. The Rev. J. W. Roberts gave the blessing. The buglers played the Reveille and the assembled company sang the National Anthem.
On the back of the service sheet, the names of the dead are listed. They include Major Stubbs' 15 year old son, Midshipman John Duncan Stubbs.